Q: How do I become a California Prison Industry Employee?
1) Go to https://jobs.ca.gov/Public/Job/Steps.aspx the steps to get a State job
2) When searching type "Prison Industry Authority" under department to search all of our available positions
3) ALL CALPIA positions require list eligibility via a passed exam prior to application. Please ensure you have taken the exam or inquire as to how to take
exams being given before you apply.
Q: Where do I find the minimum qualifications and assessment tools?
1) Search job vacancies on www.jobs.ca.gov
2) Search "Prison Industry Authority" under department
3) Click on specific vacancy you are interested in
4) On the far right hand side of the vacancy under additional documentation is a hotlink for that particular class’ Class Specification
Q: How do I know you received my application?
1) In your CALHR online profile you should have a list of all positions you have applied to. If it's marked as submitted and your received a receipt upon application we have it.
2) If you mailed in your application for an exam you may call our main line at 916-358-2696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
to inquire. Please allow 3-5 days for receipt before inquiring.
Q: How can I find out when certain exams will be posted?
1)If an exam is posted you will find a bulletin next to the vacancy on the www.jobs.ca.gov website.
If there is no bulletin posted the exam is not being given at this time.
If you are interested in an exam that is not being given at this time please submit your name and email address via the job search page in the correct category for contact.
You will be sent an email when the exam is posted.